With cold weather still here for a while, it’s hard to beat delicious, hot foods to keeps us warm. And what better way to stay cozy than by eating a nice bowl of steaming chili? There are many recipes out there that are ideal for this time of year, but why not try this simple chili recipe just to mix things up a bit?
- Start by placing the ground beef in a large pot and throwing in the garlic. Set the heat to medium and cook until brown.
- After you drain off excess fat, pour in your tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and cayenne. Stir it all in well together.
- Next, cover your pot and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for an hour, stirring occasionally. If the mixture appears to become too dry, add half a of cup water. You can add another if you think it needs even more.
- Once your hour is complete, place the masa harina in a small bowl, add half a cup of water and stir it all together with a fork.
- Once you have done that, dump the masa mixture into the chili and stir it in very well.
- Next, taste your creation and adjust the seasonings. Add more masa paste and/or water as desired so that the chili reaches the consistency you prefer. You can also add more corn for flavor.
- Finally, add the beans and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with shredded cheddar, chopped onions, tortilla chips and lime wedges.
You might also like: Honda’s Electric Vehicles Are Driving Innovation
Have you thought about making some cornbread to go with your chili? This could be a good addition. Search for a recipe online that you might like to try, or use on that you already have.