Help make your Memorial Day cookout a success with one of these delicious recipes for main dishes, sides, and desserts.
Meaty Main Course Dishes to Prepare for a Cookout
The central part of a Memorial Day cookout is the meat selection, so if you’re the grill master, no pressure. Here are a few great options to choose from.
- Sizzling Burgers – What’s a cookout without hamburgers on the grill? These burgers have a whole lot of flavor and a little bit of a kick from the fried jalapenos.
- Grilled Cajun Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings – Wings are a traditional option for summer cookouts, but there’s no reason you can’t shake things up a bit. Add Cajun dry rub and lemon pepper to your process to make it more unique.
- Surf and Turf Skewers – Chunks of tender buttery lobster and juicy steak on a skewer make for the best finger food.
Yummy Sides for a Memorial Day Cookout
As delicious as it is, you need more than barbequed meat to create a full meal. Give these hearty side dishes a try to round out your Memorial Day menu.
- Bacon and Egg Potato Salad – This is a nice twist on traditional potato salad. The best part about it is that you can make it ahead of time because it tastes even better the next day.
- Broccoli Cole Slaw – This coleslaw is a delicious way to add a nutritious dish to the menu.
- Grilled Corn with Smoky Butter – This is a simple recipe, but the grilled ears of corn slathered in smoky butter are a great addition that will compliment your grilled meats wonderfully.
- Grilled Beans – You can make these savory bean recipe right on the grill. It’s a quick and easy recipe that is seasoned just right.
You might also like: Brunch Is Always A Good Idea At Farm Country Kitchen
Drinks and Desserts to Make on Memorial Day
If you put your name down to bring drinks or dessert, you can’t go wrong with these options.
- Strawberry Country Cake – Fresh strawberries and whipped cream topping make this cake the perfect last course for a summer cookout.
- Sparkling Summer Lemonade – Lemonade is the quintessential drink of the summer, and this sweet and refreshing version will keep all your guests coming back for refills.
- No-Bake S’mores Bars – This is an easy dessert that doesn’t require you to use the oven, so your kids can help you make them.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.